Trauma Counseling Help Near Me In Issaquah – Learn To Talk!
Betrayal is and feels personal. If you are in the shoes of the one that was betrayed, you can not walk away from the betrayal without impacting you physically, emotionally, and spiritually. You are dealing with trauma, something that you can not cope with on your own. We want to set your mind at ease; if you are looking for trauma counseling help near me in Issaquah, then you have come to the right place.
In this article, we look at trauma. What is trauma, and what can happen to you when you do not address your trauma? We then look at how you can learn to talk to your trauma counselor. This is an essential step in the recovery process.
Trauma can be defined as a response to a deeply distressing or disturbing event with which you can not cope; it causes feelings of helplessness, diminishes your self-worth, and the ability to feel and deal with the wide range of emotions that comes follows the event.
There are various types of trauma, some of which include Acute trauma (a single stressful event), Chronic trauma (repeated and prolonged exposure to stressful events), and Complex trauma (multiple traumatic events).
Not Addressing Trauma
People experience different traumatic situations, which is why you can’t have a one size fits all definition of trauma. Different events affect people in different ways. In most trauma cases, the person only experiences the at a much later stage. However, we do urge you to contact us at Sage Counseling and Coaching if you are near me in Issaquah so that we can give you trauma counseling help. The earlier the intervention, the better for you.
If the trauma goes unchecked, you start the feel the following:
- You might think that what you have gone through isn’t that bad and that you need to be stronger to get over it. This is not true; your feeling of pay is real and affects your daily life.
- You might think that the event didn’t actually happen. It is not true; it is a pain deep down that needs to be treated; it needs to heal.
- You might be afraid to talk about your trauma, to relive your worst experience. We understand that the healing process is hard, and that is why we want to help you.
Learn To Talk When Receiving Trauma Counseling Help Near Me In Issaquah
We understand that you might be scared to talk about your trauma, and that is why we want to help you start the process. There are a few key things that you should remember when learning how to talk about your trauma:
- You don’t have to dive in too deep in your first session; you can take it slow.
- When you start your therapy, you don’t have to say what you are talking about. You can talk about the fears that you experience without going into too much detail.
- You can write your fears and feelings down if it is too hard to talk about i.
- You can stop at any time during your session; if you feel that things are too much, then stop the session and continue in your next session. Remember that any process, it doesn’t matter how small, does matter!